1. Settle all enrollment documents for your Exchange School
2. Complete Module Mapping
3. Pay Student Fees if applicable
1. Ensure that your Passport is valid for at least 6 months
2. Apply for Student Visa
3. Apply for a Foreign Bank Account if needed
4. Book Flight Tickets (Generally buy and fly on Weekdays. STA Travel offers discount when purchased from your University)
5. Find Accommodation (Student Hostels / Airbnb)
6. Buy Travel Insurance (Check out Moneysmart.sg for the best deals)
7. Get an ISIC Card (Optional, gives you student discounts, recognized internationally)
Back up all important files from your computer and also save a copy of your passport details, credit cards, flight itineraries and bookings before you fly. It would be a pain to retrieve them back when lost. Send your family a copy of your passport details and bookings as well.
This is voluntary. It allows MFA to contact and assist you when an emergency arises. Register Here.
Usually forgotten till nearing departure date.
Do some research and compare local vs overseas mobile data deals. Your current mobile service provider might offer a better a deal.
Generally useful when you have no internet overseas and it saves you some internet data.